20100928

Jogging in Moscow

I have two complimentary jogging partners at the moment: the river-lady and the town-lady.
With both, I meet in front of school in the early morning, when we drop off our kids.
The river lady then takes me by car to the southern end of Gorki Park, where we run along the banks of the Moskva. We run and chat, there's nothing much to see, except for some older men in soviet training suits. Her little dog still has to learn to avoid my feet, but we'll get there ;-)
The town lady is a serious runner with some competitions ahead in her calendar (semi-marathon). She starts slowly and picks up speed as she runs along. In the end I was breathing rather hard. She starts directly from school and she took me across Red Square. There we saw two Swiss men dressed in traditional Swiss costumes with their two gigantic alpine horns, having freshly been summoned by a police car and a second car just pulled up. The discussion did not seem to be friendly and the two walked off. I wonder what would have happened, if their instruments would have fitted into the small police cars......?
Anyway, we spent the rest of the time trying to find a strip of green (a park or the likes), but ended up without having found any. We'll try again!

No comments: